Now that thge rudders are working, I finally got to try the
40 sqm kite on El today. Not enough wind (~5-8 knots)
and the only
line that was not adjustable (mast head retrieval line tied to
the top of the
sail) was too long, so a couple of feet of kite dragged in
Just enough to make it hard to set. Got one puff where
flew. Pretty impressive. The water driven line retrieval
will work better with a few mods this weekend. It was
great not to have
200m of line to untangle and bag.
I did not get to try the foot cleats, nor the 1:2 purchase using the bucket
in the water on the retrieval line.
In 20 knots it is going to be a